San Miguel County Business Recovery
Dear Mountain Village Merchants,
In case you did not receive the latest email from the Town, it is included below and provides information about:
- Sales taxes
- Utilities and other municipal accounts
- Telluride Foundation sponsored call – information & resources
Dear Mountain Village Business Owners,
Please join the Telluride Foundation this Friday, March 20, from 12 to 1 p.m. for guidance on how to be proactive in recovering from the effects of CO-VID19. See their message below for more details.
Current updates from the Town of Mountain Village include:
· Beginning Friday, March 20 the Town of Mountain Village will be forgoing penalties for any late payments on February Mountain Village sales tax owed. This will continue until further notice.
· The Town will also be suspending late charges on utility, Mountain Munchkin, and Village Court Apartment late accounts, starting with the upcoming billing cycle.
From the Telluride Foundation:
We understand that the current economic environment is posing major challenges for small business owners. In an effort to make sure small businesses are being proactive in recovering from the effects of CO-VID19, we would like to invite you to the San Miguel County Business Recovery Information Call that we will be hosting on March 20th from 12-1 PM MST. On this call, we will hear from state, regional and local agencies about what resources are available to small business owners to help recover from the effects of the pandemic. There will also be a 20 minute Q&A at the end of the call for you to ask questions. Below, I have included the agenda for the meeting:
· Unemployment and Sick Pay - ASAP Accounting and Payroll - Richard Betts (10 Minutes)
· Colorado State Resources - Office of Economic Development & International Trade - Jeff Kraft (10 Minutes)
· Federal Government Resources - U.S. Senator Michael Bennet's Office (10 Minutes)
· Regional Resource - Region 10 - Michelle Haynes (10 Minutes)
· Q&A - (20 Minutes)
If you would like to attend this call, we ask that you register on the Zoom meeting
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The Telluride Foundation has also created a Google file where we will be uploading information about the resources discussed during the call.
In the event you are unable to attend this call, we will be recording the call and you will be able to access the recording in the Google File listed above on Friday afternoon.
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to Bonnie Watson with the Telluride Foundation at .
Please also be sure to sign up for the Town of Mountain Village's text messaging system for updates if this situation ramps up significantly moving forward. You may do so through this link.
Posted on 2020-03-19