DOING YOUR PART – Protecting our Community
As our community continues re-opening in a prudent manner, it is more important than ever to continue with the remarkable job we have been doing to keep our trends moving in the right direction. This success is largely the result of everyone’s vigilance in practicing positive behaviors of appropriate physical distancing, wearing a mask in public, and following good hygiene (like routine hand washing).
To stay on this current path of re-opening, it is critical that we all do our part to keep our community safe, our economy open, and our outlook bright. We can do this together, by each of us being an ambassador for our community through our good behaviors and interactions with others.
OUR VILLAGE – Stronger Together
Be an Ambassador for our community – Follow & share these 5 Commitments of Containment
Masks Required. Towns of Mountain Village & Telluride both have ordinances requiring face coverings inside businesses and public transportation, this includes the gondola. Links below for more info:
Gondola. Opens Monday, June 15; with operating hours 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily. Buses will run after gondola hours until midnight between MV and Telluride. Protocols to promote passenger and staff safety include:
· No mask, no ride. Face covering is required on all public transportation. Operators will provide a mask if you don’t have one.
· Cabin Occupancy. One person or one associated party (i.e. family, people travelling together) per cabin.
· Cabin Cleanliness. Disinfected after each passenger disembarks, cabin windows will be kept open to ensure adequate ventilation, and advanced cabin disinfection methods will be in constant use.
· Hand sanitizer. Will be available at each station for passenger use.
· Recreational equipment. Passengers will be required to load their own equipment (i.e. bicycles, strollers).
Dial-a-Ride. Opens on Monday, June 15; with operating hours 7 a.m. – midnight daily. Important – you must have your unique owner code and download the Dial-a-Ride App BEFORE you need to use this member benefit. If you are an eligible member and do not have your code or have not set up your app account, please follow these steps:
1. If you don’t have a code, contact Heidi Stenhammer at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your name and address of the property you own).
2. Download the Mountain Village DAR app on your iPhone or Android phone.
3. Enter your unique owner code in the app to confirm and set-up your account.
All rides must be scheduled using the App. For more information about the app and its functions, visit the TMVOA website here
Safety Protocols. Similar to riding the gondola, there are new safety protocols designed to promote passenger and staff safety, including:
· No mask, no ride. Face covering is required on all public transportation. Driver will provide a mask if you don’t have one.
· Occupancy. One household pick-up at a time. No combination and/or multiple pick-ups allowed.
· Vehicle Cleanliness. Drivers will disinfect all touch areas after each passenger disembarks.
· Loading / Unloading. Driver will open and close all doors. Please just sit back and enjoy the ride. No passengers allowed in front seat. Front bench seats have been removed from all vans.
· Hand sanitizer. Will be available in each vehicle.
· Recreational equipment. Passengers will be required to load their own equipment (maximum of 2 bicycles per vehicle).